Boiler Maintenance Tips for Your Boiler
To get the best and uninterrupted service from your boiler throughout winter, take care of its maintenance. Don’t know how to do it? Here are some boiler maintenance tips for you.
Check Water levels
If you have a traditional boiler, then you should keep checking the water level in its tanker. The water level should not go below a certain level. When the water level goes below that level, the boiler has to work harder than usual. If you notice the water level is low, you should also check if the water is leaking from somewhere. If you don’t find any leaks, then call an expert in boiler repair in Langley to diagnose your boiler.
Keep Your Boiler Clean
Proper boiler cleaning is indispensable. The cleaning will make your boiler more efficient and improve its performance. Check the shoot, too, because too much shoot can result in bad combustion. While checking the shoot, make sure air should not get in since this will also reduce the efficiency of your boiler.
Clean the Air Grilles
Air grilles of your boiler should not be blocked. If you notice debris around them, clean it properly so that their way should not be obstructed.
Check the Operating Pressure
The operating pressure of your boiler should be between1.2 and 1.5 bars. Turn it on, and then hold on for a few minutes to see the pressure. If the pressure is low, open the tap slightly so that water can reach the heating circuit in sufficient amount. On the other hand, if the water pressure is higher, then remove some radiators.
Be Careful About Unusual Sounds
You should be careful about the sounds coming from your boiler because they are an indication of a problem with your boiler. For example, a whistling sound indicates mineral building in your boiler. Ignored, the problem can become severe and cause your boiler to break down.
Besides following these above mentioned tips, call us for your boiler inspection. We will diagnose your boiler and service it that will improve its efficiency and performance.
- Hiring Air Duct Cleaning Specialists for your Home
- Tips to Remember for Hiring an Air Duct Cleaner
- Questions You Should Ask Before Hiring a Duct Cleaning Company
- The Top Three Air Duct Cleaning Benefits
- What are the Different Types of Duct Insulation for Homes?
- Why Should You Service Your Boiler Annually?
- 5 Reasons to Have a New Boiler Installed in Your Home
- Why is it Important to Clean Your Air Duct on a Regular Basis
- 6 Best Boiler Maintenance Tips
- Why is Air Duct Cleaning Essential for the Winter?