Some DIY Duct Cleaning Ideas For You
Timely cleaning of ducts- once a year by a duct cleaning professional or thrice a year self-cleaning- is important to ensure the best air quality in your home. Over time, ducts become clogged accumulating dust, bacteria, allergens, toxins, and irritants. Things become worst when these thick layers come into contact with moisture and cause molds that not only increases health risks but also damages the performance of the system.
Here are some do-it-yourself duct cleaning tips that will help you clean the air ducts in your home.
1. Start with reading the manuals given with your system. The manuals will give you important instructions which will help you when cleaning the ducts without causing any damage to the system.
2. Buy the best quality vacuum, long-handled brush, screwdriver, rags, and paper towels because you will need them to properly clean your ducts.
3. Don’t start cleaning without wearing protective eyeglasses and mask. The eyeglasses will protect your eyes and the mask will protect your lungs by standing as a wall before your nose and the air you inhale.
4. Clean registers known as grates with the long handled brush and the rag. Soak the rag in the water and squeeze it before cleaning the registers.
5. Vacuum the air ducts.
6. Use rags, mops, and towels to remove remaining debris from the ducts
7. If furnace filter appear damaged, then replace it
You are reading this blog because you want to know how clean air ducts in your home. We would also recommend you to go for professional air duct cleaning once a year instead of cleaning the ducts yourself because do-it-yourself cleaning has the likelihood of damaging your system which will cost you more than what you save by DIY cleaning.
- 5 Biggest Benefits of Air Duct Cleaning You May Not Know
- Three Boiler Maintenance Tips
- Five Signs Your Boiler Needs Repair
- 4 Reasons To Clean Dirty Air Ducts In Your Home
- Five Reasons For Increased Electricity Consumption By Your Air-Conditioner
- Some DIY Duct Cleaning Ideas For You
- 7 Things That Deteriorate The Air Quality In Your Home
- Don’t Forget to Have the Air Ducts Cleaned Before Moving into Your New Home
- 7 Ways to Stop the Dirt at Your Door
- Five Signs Your Air Ducts Need Cleaning