What are the Different Types of Duct Insulation for Homes?
A duct is a system that is installed to circulate cool and warm air from your furnace around your home. It will regulate the temperature and will help you in making your surroundings comfortable. These sources of flowing air throughout your home empty their air contents through vents. Keeping your home duct system clean is essential to keep yourself healthy. You can get air duct cleaning services from experts like Super Standard Heating & Air Duct Cleaning Ltd. They offer the best air duct cleaning and boiler maintenance services. Ducts can be defined in various types. Do you know which type of duct has been installed in your home? If not, then we are here to help you out.
Here in this blog, we are going to discuss the different types of duct systems that may have been installed in your home. After reading this, you will get a better idea of your home duct system. So, let us get started.
Types of duct systems in your home
Ductwork can be categorized on two bases, i.e., flexible ducts, and rigid ducts. So, let us focus on them.
- Flexible Duct System: This type of duct is less expensive and is easy to install. These are typically defined as round tubes made of steel wire helixes covered in flexible plastic. Most flexible parts are encircled in insulation to preserve the air temperature. This type of duct system can be easily installed where you are unable to install a rigid duct system.
- Rigid duct system: Rigid ducts are made of different materials and are available in different sizes. They do not have any risk of kinks and bends and cannot be punctured or torn. Here are the subtypes:
- Sheet rigid ducts: These types of rigid ducts are made up of aluminum or steel sheets but are very lightweight and easy to install.
- Fiberglass rigid ducts: These metal ducts are made with fiberglass lining to keep the air at the right temperature.
- Fiberboard ducts: These types of ducts are made of compressed fiberglass and are sealed to prevent air particles from entering the air.
These are the different types of duct systems that may be installed in your house. If you want to install, inspect, or clean your air ducts, you can easily get air duct cleaning services from Super Standard Heating and Air Duct Cleaning.
- Tips to Remember for Hiring an Air Duct Cleaner
- Questions You Should Ask Before Hiring a Duct Cleaning Company
- The Top Three Air Duct Cleaning Benefits
- What are the Different Types of Duct Insulation for Homes?
- Why Should You Service Your Boiler Annually?
- 5 Reasons to Have a New Boiler Installed in Your Home
- Why is it Important to Clean Your Air Duct on a Regular Basis
- 6 Best Boiler Maintenance Tips
- Why is Air Duct Cleaning Essential for the Winter?
- Why Do We Need Duct and Furnace Cleaning?