When and How to Clean Your Air Ducts
Keeping your air ducts clean is indispensable because dirty air ducts damage the quality of indoor air and spread various allergies and diseases in your home. Now, a question surfaces, when and how should you clean your air ducts to protect the indoor environment in your home? Don’t worry. In this blog, we are going to answer both of these questions.
When should you clean your air ducts?
When you notice molds on your air ducts, you should understand it is the right time to clean your air ducts. You should either clean it yourself or call a professional to do so immediately because mold in air ducts make the indoor environment unhygienic and unhealthy. It can also cause various allergies and respiration diseases.
When you notice pests like rodents and cockroaches on your ducts, you should understand the duct has become dirty and needs treatment fast. When pests discover dirt and debris, they consider it a haven for them and they make it their home.
When you notice dirt or debris on the ducts, you should not waste your time in thinking, but you should plan its cleaning fast because the air coming through the dirty air ducts carry dust and debris particles that will make you ill.
How To Clean Your Air Ducts?
You can use your vacuum cleaner to remove the dust and debris from your air ducts.
You can use a hose, air-nozzle, or compressor to remove dust and debris from your air ducts.
Remove the vents and metal registers, wash them with warm soapy water then rinse with clean water, and leave to air dry. After which, clean the interior of your ducts with a piece of microfiber cloth.
However, we will advise you to approach a professional duct cleaner to clean your ducts, as you can only wipe away molds, but professional duct cleaners can wipe out them. Plus, they clean your ducts comprehensively. So, your ducts won’t need a next cleaning within a year unless you have any kind of construction or renovation work done in your home.
- Hiring Air Duct Cleaning Specialists for your Home
- Tips to Remember for Hiring an Air Duct Cleaner
- Questions You Should Ask Before Hiring a Duct Cleaning Company
- The Top Three Air Duct Cleaning Benefits
- What are the Different Types of Duct Insulation for Homes?
- Why Should You Service Your Boiler Annually?
- 5 Reasons to Have a New Boiler Installed in Your Home
- Why is it Important to Clean Your Air Duct on a Regular Basis
- 6 Best Boiler Maintenance Tips
- Why is Air Duct Cleaning Essential for the Winter?